Heater and A/C Blower only works on 1-2 speeds out of 4....?

Reaction score
The other day my 2014 Crosstrek blower speed control stopped working on speeds 3 and 4. It had been working earlier in the day....no funny sounds, no bad smells. This is both in heat and A/C mode. Also the A/C light comes on and works normally when in 1 and 2 but not in 3 and 4. I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting. I've read on the web that its normal for a resistor pack to go bad but when it does the high speed will normally keep working when resistors get burned up. I have to assume that the switch is getting 12V as it works in 1 and 2. Does anyone have a schematic for this circuit?

Any help would be appreciated

So now one knows anything about this issue? Hard to believe. I traced it to the switch bad on 3 and 4. I bought a used one on the web and it was bad on 1-2-3-4 so I sent it back. Apparently Subaru thinks these are made of gold at over $350 wherever I look. I found a switch that looks the same for the older models around 2008 maybe. I wonder if it can be retrofitted or is it a lost cause and I need to buy the whole 3 knob cluster with all the switches and buttons. The earlier switch alone is about $35.....

Ask a Question