2009 subaru legacy heater not blowing

Reaction score
Please help me :)
my daughter picked up a 2009 subaru legacy 30r that has automatic heat, the heater is not working (not blowing at all).

What i have done:
  • Bench tested the fan -tested good
  • Tested all related fusses and the relay under the hood- tested good
  • Resistor has been replaced and yet the fan still dose not receive any dc voltage at the fan.
my Questions are:
  • What is left to test and or replace?
  • Does anyone have a link to the heater wiring schematic?
  • How does the heater control cluster come out and is that fan control unit under the radio a potential point of failure?

i did find the following youtube clip "
2005-2009 Subaru Legacy Outback radio & Heater control fix" that James Palumbi posted and figured it was worth shot...this did not make anything better, but what i did realize is that every thing else seems to work: Autoheat increases on it's own, ac clutch kicks in, you can hear all the actuators and baffles opening and close'n when changing the air flow??? I'm stump'd

P.S. if you want to see the clip i mentioned you can find it @ https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...RwX6tXLc/RK=2/RS=4o8T9Zq8oIecse9lZAPg7EkqtMw-

Ask a Question