Heater blower issue 2009 tribeca

Reaction score
So I've been having this issue with my blower motor in my 2009 Subaru tribeca for months now. 1st I started having water dripping down onto the floor on the passenger side I thought that it was a heater core but it wasn't. It was water not antifreeze dripping. So I started thinking it might be a clogged A/C evaporator hose. It would sound like there was water in the fan. Like you could hear the water slapping the blades. Now it will barely operate on high if at all. So....I pulled the blower fan and plugged it in on the passenger floor. Turned it on and it ran beautifully out of the housing. Reinstalled the motor and turned it on. It ran good for about a min or two....then started slowing down and struggling again. Anyone?? Weird!

So...
It was a bad blower motor. And I do in fact have a clogged A/C Evap Drain hose. I blew air through it with no help. Advice plz?

The drain hose connects the heater / A/C box to the underside of the vehicle, check the opposite and look for debris. Condensed ware should freely flow through it. At times, the hose will need to be removed and physically cleaned.

Ask a Question