Catalytic Converters Delete

Reaction score
Subaru Impreza 2007 hatch-back with EL15 Engine

I had the catalytic converters deleted and placed the Spark plug anti fouler on Sensor 2 (downstream), the check engine light (MIL) came on I cleared the codes they came back therefore the Spark plug anti fouler trick did not work for me. I now hear a whistling sound in my exhaust when the car is cold, after she warms up, she sounds like before the delete. It has been about 2 weeks now and my mpg has increased from 22 (l/100km) to 14 (l/100km). On physical examination of the catalytic converters, they appear partially blocked.

Current Codes

P0134 oxygen sensor circuit no activity detected (bank 1 sensor 1)

P0037 H02S heater circuit vw (bank 1 sensor 1)

P0030 H02S heater control circuit (bank 1 sensor 1)

Possible Suggested Solutions

1) I should move the spacer from Sensor 2 to Sensor 1, this might make the engine run lean and cause other problems.

2) I should add an additional spacer on Sensor 1 so both Sensor 2 and Sensor 1 will now be out of the stream and that might solve the issue.

3) The only way to solve the issue is to get a custom Stage One Tune for the EL15 Engine to code out the Oxygen sensor functionality.

Thank you for your kind understanding and input, I await your response!

Ask a Question