anti-theft shield for catalytic convertor

Reaction score
Ou city is plagued with catalytic convertor thefts. Typically, they are Toyotas, Nissans, Hondas, Ford pickups. I am worried that it is a matter of time before they hit our 2010 Legacy. Does anybody make an anti-theft cat shield to fit Subarus?

Last edited:
Two SUV models are on the West Coast top 10 most stolen list. Have not been able to locate shield-type devices for Subaru vehicles. There is a universal-type device called a Cat-Strap if I'm not mistaken, but this only slows them down a bit. Definitely easier to defeat than the shield. Muffler shops can also paint your converter bright orange and scribe your VIN or plate number on. Supposed to be a deterrent, but who knows for sure.

Most of the vehicles stolen appear to be the older generation cars. That said, I have seen a few stolen in my year. Jiffy Lube offers a paint & scribe service, which I may have to try.

High Temperature paint and VIN engraving is a good idea, this next one is interesting:

Ask a Question