Cat converter Legacy 2013 need replacement, what are my options

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I own a 2013 Legacy with 135k miles, and recently the dealership informed me that my cat converter(s) need changing. The replacement cost is, as you guys guessed, very high (6k and some changes)!
I live in a county where they don't care about emissions, and the car passed the inspection. What are your guys thoughts?
Should I fix the car with after aftermarket cat converter?
Keep driving it ?
sell it ?

I have similar issues with my 2013 Legacy. I have bad oil consumption which is what is clogging my cats. I have only had the car for little more than 2 years and replaced the main cat with magnaflow cat, which cost $1000, in the first year. A couple of months back I had to replace the secondary cat and now I think i will be needing to replace the main cat again soon. The dealer had quoted me $2500 for the main cat alone. I assume yours is also a PZEV at that price. If you have oil consumptions issues I would vote for selling or running it into a tree. I am thinking of getting the cheapest cat I can and then sell it.

Ask a Question