Amp installed, now interior lights and key fob doesn't work

Reaction score
I had a local audio shop install an amp and a component speaker set in my car. (Amp is an alpha sonik 4 channel 1,200 watts and then some infinity Kappa speakers.) Now my key fob doesn't work ( Buttons) I can't lock my car. Then my Subaru door projector lights dont work, Visor mirror lights dont work, Red ring around ignition key doesn't work, Ceiling lights dont work and my MPG/Time computer wont work either. Any ideas on why this is happening the place checked the Fuse and it's fine but they won't go any further into fixing it since they dont think its their fault. 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5L Premium.

Sounds like WAY too much of a coincidence. Those places usually hack into wiring for power sources without any clue as to what they are doing. The fact they checked the fuse and that's-that sounds insane to me. I doubt that just one fuse covers all those components anyway, maybe but doesn't sound likely.

I'd take a hard look at anywhere they messed with the original harnesses and you'd likely find some sloppy work. If you can unwind the mess that would be great. Otherwise take it to a shop that know what they are doing, have them document (with pictures) the repair and take the first place to small claims court.

Ask a Question