2017 WRX bike carrier options

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently got myself a beautiful 2017 WRX (which I love so far). I'm a mountain biker and would like to get myself a bike carrier.

On my previous car I used a roof rack, but it seems that this particular specimen has no mounting points for a rack - I didn't completely remove the plastic cover on the roof, but pushed it to the side enough to check under it and didn't see the mount points I've seen on pictures while researching this topic. So I'm considering (and asking for advice about) my options.
a) using door mounted roof racks - these I'm a bit cautious about as I've heard they can damage the door sealing.
b) installing a tow hitch on the car and using a tow hitch mounted bike rack - not really a big fan of making such modifications on the car, as I generally do not intend on towing anything with it.
c) using vacuum mounted top rack - I don't trust these and I don't generally like the idea of fixing something to the paint layer of the car.
d) ?????

I couldn't determine whether mount points for top rack can be installed or not.

If any of you can add some ideas - I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

P.S. I'm sorry if my question is a duplicate - I searched a bit and couldn't find anything related.

Ask a Question