A/C condensor on 2014 impreza sedan

Reaction score
we bought our 2014 impreza sedan used @ 80,000 ish miles. suddenly ac got weaker and did not work on driver side at all. also there is some noise under the front hood but not only when ac is on. dealer says they spent hours looking but found no leak. they refilled ac which made the passenger side cooler, and say we need a new ac condensor for $1200. how do we tell if that is the problem?

Oops. I should have said they want to replace the AC compressor, not the condensor. How do I tell if I need this? Thanks!
We bought our 2014 impreza sedan used @ 80,000 ish miles. Suddenly air conditioning got weaker, and did not work on driver side at all. Also there is some noise, I think under the front hood, but not just when ac is on. Dealer says they spent hours looking but found no leak in the ac system but in the AC compressor. They refilled the AC which made the passenger side cooler but the driver side still blows warm. They say we need a new AC compressor for $1200. how do we tell if that is the problem?

Last edited:

Ask a Question