2013 Legacy 2.5l oil change.

Reaction score
Like a blind donkey I filled my engine with a full 5l jug of oil last night with a new oil filter. Then I realized that my jug is in litres not quarts, stupid mistake as I do my own oil changes but $&@t happens. I wonder if that 300ml of extra oil can do harm.

Thank you

Depends on the total drain and how much the dipstick reads.
This tool will remove the unwanted oil.
Too much oil will have the crank "slap" the excess oil and create a "misfire" condition.
Many shops use this tool for engines that do not have a drain plug.

Attachments

• Oil extractor.jpg
    Oil extractor.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 2
Depends on the total drain and how much the dipstick reads.
This tool will remove the unwanted oil.
Too much oil will have the crank "slap" the excess oil and create a "misfire" condition.
Many shops use this tool for engines that do not have a drain plug.
Yeah I have the tool for using the top down oil change OEM tools oil extractor which works like a charm, according to my rough calculation it’s overfilled my 300ml or .317 US fluid quarts. Now it would be nice if I could safely just dump the 5l jug in and call it a day but not sure if that much extra oil could cause issues. Drove it today for about 10-25 Km or about 10 miles and no miss-fires or any codes are coming up.

Use the drain plug, all of the oil will not be removed with that tool.
That tool is mainly used for marine purposes and vehicles that do not incorporate a drain plug.
The dipstick reading HOT and at rest for 5 minutes is the best test.

Use the drain plug, all of the oil will not be removed with that tool.
That tool is mainly used for marine purposes and vehicles that do not incorporate a drain plug.
The dipstick reading HOT and at rest for 5 minutes is the best test.
I have used that tool to remove oil form our 2021 Ascent and Legacy and I did crack the drain plug and and barely a slight stream which pretty much immediately turned into drops, no more than less then 50 ml drained after vacuum oil extraction is performed.

Ask a Question