WRX Alignment Specs

M

Mike Lloyd

All....
I just put the ALK and end-links on my car and they suggest a new alignment afterwards. Since my car is an '05 model, none of the local shops have that data yet, and the dealership is just too far away (70 miles) to drive on a poor alignment. Do you know if the alignment specs are the same for MY '02 thru '05? If so, the tech can just use the '03 data that he has on file.

Thanks.
Mike

I'll answer my own question for everyone's benefit. I just got a call from the dealership and indeed the MY '02 thru '05 WRX 4-wheel alignment specs are identical. In fact, although sold as "new," the 2005 WRX cars (in the U.S., anyways) have a born-on date of 04/04, making them essentially '04 models that have undergone cosmetic upgrades putting them into the '05 category. Isn't that odd...

----- Original Message -----
Newsgroups: alt.autos.subaru
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 8:16 AM
Subject: WRX Alignment Specs

All....
I just put the ALK and end-links on my car and they suggest a new alignment afterwards. Since my car is an '05 model, none of the local shops have that data yet, and the dealership is just too far away (70 miles) to drive on a poor alignment. Do you know if the alignment specs are the same for MY '02 thru '05? If so, the tech can just use the '03 data that he has on file.

Thanks.
Mike

I'm sure the alignment shop could call a subaru dealer for the specs.

Or you could try looking at
http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles/AS_Rex_on_rails_1.pdf
and trying the settings they suggest
All....

Thanks.
Mike

Mike,
Since you seem to be interested in improving your handling, I suggest
you don't use the factory specs. -0.6 front and -1.3 rear! That's
almost exactly backwards if you want a car that you can get to rotate
well on an autocross course. If you want to increase your front grip a
bit without making the car tail happy I suggest -1.0 front and -1.3 to
-1.5 rear and zero out the toe on both ends. I've been running this way
for about a year and a half. My tire life is good and I have plenty of
grip for spirited driving. Cheers.

Ask a Question