Two tin cans and a string would sound better than the '22 Subaru 6-speaker stereo

Reaction score
Hi,

First time Subaru owner here. This is 2022 right?, at least I think it is. If so, then why does the 6-speaker stereo in our brand new 2022 Subaru Legacy premium sound worse than my 1982 Plymouth Horizon hatchback I drove as pimply faced teen to school?

I am a somewhat of an audiophile with a background in sound production, and although this isn't the top level sound system, I sure as heck expected better for a 6-speaker system in a 2022 vehicle. My other car is a '19 Toyota Highlander with the base system and it puts this system to shame.

If you are looking at listening to anything above volume of 18 that has any bass in it.., don't.

-Chris

I really like my music.
I really like my Outback.
The sound system in my Outback is not the worst possible but it is severely lacking. My 91 4x4 Suburban and my daughter's 13 Honda Civic are both better and my wife's 2022 Buick is significantly better.
Love the car but Subaru really didn't get it right on the sound system.
Disapointing.

Ask a Question