Forester suddenly keeps randomly changing the temp setting to 68

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Forester Touring that I keep the temp set at 72.
Today, twice, it randomly dropped the temp to 68.
When I say randomly, I can't think of anything I did to change the temp, although the last time it happened when I clicked my garage door opener button on the mirror.
Any ideas?

Thanks! I completely forgot about the hand gestures! Not sure what I was doing the first time, but the second time I was reaching for the mirror and probably had my hand in a position that could easily look like a closed fist. :D:D:D:D Thanks for the help.

I have a 2023 Forester Touring that I keep the temp set at 72.
Today, twice, it randomly dropped the temp to 68.
When I say randomly, I can't think of anything I did to change the temp, although the last time it happened when I clicked my garage door opener button on the mirror.
Any ideas?
Hi. I bought a 2023 Forester Touring two weeks ago. I have a similar problem. I set the temp at 70, but it drops randomly until it reaches "Low". My hands are on the stearing wheel all the time.

Hi. I bought a 2023 Forester Touring two weeks ago. I have a similar problem. I set the temp at 70, but it drops randomly until it reaches "Low". My hands are on the stearing wheel all the time.
Sounds like it needs to be checked at the dealer. Or there is something else that the car is seeing as a hand gesture. From the manual:
"In the following cases, the system
may mistakenly detect hand movement
as a hand gesture, which may
cause the temperature setting to
change.
– Your hand is within the sensor
range when you motion to a
person outside the vehicle.
– You operate the inside mirror or
room lamp.
– A rear passenger reaches forward
from the rear seats and