Was the cooling system bled correctly? New thermostat, new water pump?
Did the engine management system record a fault?
Did you monitor coolant temperature?
Recheck the wiring and clean all found ground points.
Reset the throttle body when the repairs are complete.
When the ECM is Reset and all DTC's have been cleared, the ECM idle control is also cleared.
If you have SSM3 or SSM4, simply instruct the ECM to set the idle speed.
Aftermarket bi-directional scan tools should be able to adapt the throttle program.
If there is no access to a factory style scan tool, you can recreate the proper conditions for the ECM to relearn idle control and the correct RPM to maintain idle speed under load conditions.
Load conditions include:
Cooling fans ON or OFF
Power Steering load request
Transmission load request
Any electrical load request
1. Ensure all power accessories ie: lighting, heater and electrical parasites are OFF.
2. Disconnect the battery negative for 30 minutes.
3. Reconnect the battery negative.
4. Following all steps without touching any switches or pedals. Use the ignition key only.
5. Insert key to the ON position only for 20 seconds.
6a. Turn the key so that the engine starts.
6b. Set timer for 20 minutes.
6c. Let engine idle for 20 minutes.
7. Turn key OFF and leave the key in ignition for 20 seconds.
8. Remove the key.
9. Repeat step 5 and Continue to step 10a when complete.
10a. Turn the key so the engine starts and set timer for 10 minutes.
10b. Let engine idle for 10 minutes.
11. Turn the key OFF and leave key in ignition for 20 seconds.
12. Remove the key. The ECM has relearned idle speed.
Reset the clock, radio stations and electric window one-trip features.
At times, the memory electric seats and remote fobs may not operate. Reset is required.