Sorry, its another Gen 5 Fog Light Install question....

Reaction score
Hello, I have a base 2016 OB and installed the rough country 70893 Subaru outback Fog/Driving light kit. This kit installs in the fog location and has low output driving lights (white center leds), and much brighter off-road lights (4 amber leds) in the same fixture and is supplied with a 2 way rocker switch. There is no relay in the RC kit. You switch one direction, driving light, switch the other, off-road. I use the driving lights all the time... I would like to wire them into the fog light harness with the fog light switch and relay, so that I no longer forget to turn them off. I would keep the off road lights switched to the rocker. The picture shows the switch. Each light has a black ground wire, a blue (Off Road) wire, and a white (DRL) wire. The Red comes straight from the battery.

OK here is the question: I'm hoping I can simply drop the white wire (drive lights) from the switch, and at each fixture, connect the white to the OEM fog light harness, I would also splicing into the black ground switch at the fixture...
1) This seems logical to me, but the off-road and drive lights share a ground (black wire). Is this problematic?
2) I have the required Oem fog relay and switch, which I would use to complete the drive light circuit. Is this problematic?

Attachments

• RC Rocker.PNG
    RC Rocker.PNG
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 3
  • RC lights.PNG
    RC lights.PNG
    772.2 KB · Views: 3

Ask a Question