Prodigal son returning to Subaru

Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I owned three Subarus in the past, an 83 hatchback, an 86 wagon and a 90 wagon. Then for the last 28 years it's been Volvos and Toyotas.

My Toyota Sienna is now 15 years old with 222K on it and becoming a ticking bomb for major maintenance expenses, so my wife and I just ordered a 2022 Outback Premium because it's the only affordable station wagon left on the market and we don't need another minivan.

Our dealer says we will have it by the end of the month, we'll see, it's a weird time to be buying cars to say the least. Prepare yourselves for lots of dumb questions for the next few months.

I wish I could say these forums make be feel warm and fuzzy over purchasing a Subaru.
It does what I want, and it does so frugally. I've never been a boxer engine fan, but the older Subaru's make it work, so there is that.
Some of the problems seem a bit self imposed, and of course dealership service is what it is across the board.
Mine is still on the fence for passing the sniff test, and only two things have been brought to their attention. One may be remedied, but I'm not convinced even though it hasn't happened in a while. The other wasn't even addressed. It was in "spec". Eyesight on mine rides uncomfortably close to the center line and drifts toward oncoming traffic. It also will make a rapid exit or turn when the lines it decides to follow go to an exit or other odd things. It is random, and I'm not sure that isn't worse than doing it all the time. It has other annoying "features", but they are just annoying, not frightening.
I may peruse further. It could be a safety issue and is, as far as I'm concerned, but at least I can turn off the eyesight.
If anyone would have gone to the trouble of finding the RAV 4 I wanted, I'd be driving that. Been a Toyota in the garage for a very long time now, and still one sitting next to the Subaru.
I guess we will see how it all pans out, and it is the internet where every nit comes to be picked and whined about.
Good luck with the new Outback.

I wish I could say these forums make be feel warm and fuzzy over purchasing a Subaru.
It does what I want, and it does so frugally. I've never been a boxer engine fan, but the older Subaru's make it work, so there is that.
Some of the problems seem a bit self imposed, and of course dealership service is what it is across the board.
Mine is still on the fence for passing the sniff test, and only two things have been brought to their attention. One may be remedied, but I'm not convinced even though it hasn't happened in a while. The other wasn't even addressed. It was in "spec". Eyesight on mine rides uncomfortably close to the center line and drifts toward oncoming traffic. It also will make a rapid exit or turn when the lines it decides to follow go to an exit or other odd things. It is random, and I'm not sure that isn't worse than doing it all the time. It has other annoying "features", but they are just annoying, not frightening.
I may peruse further. It could be a safety issue and is, as far as I'm concerned, but at least I can turn off the eyesight.
If anyone would have gone to the trouble of finding the RAV 4 I wanted, I'd be driving that. Been a Toyota in the garage for a very long time now, and still one sitting next to the Subaru.
I guess we will see how it all pans out, and it is the internet where every nit comes to be picked and whined about.
Good luck with the new Outback.
You can turn that stuff off and drive the car yourself.

Ask a Question