60k mile service - how best to approach and is $1700 reasonable?

Reaction score
Stats: 2013 Sub Impreza 2.0L base - approx 61k miles

My local Sub dealership quoted me between $1000-2300 for 60k service package (see attached - recommended $1700 mid package due to 'harsh' driving conditions). The Sub manual only says to "inspect and replace" most items except for the oil change but the dealership service guy said in his experience it's better to flush the key fluids (transmission, diff, etc.) at this point.

Questions:
1) Do you all feel 60k service package is a good idea? How much is a good price to pay?
2) Should I do the service at the dealership or would an independent shop be OK?
3) Are there any good independent shops with Subaru certified/trained mechanics in the Bay Area CA?

Thank you for any advice!

Attachments

• F25CE386555E42BAB04CFF6F84DBFF8C.png
    F25CE386555E42BAB04CFF6F84DBFF8C.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 45
My advice to you is to have your car serviced at an Independent shop as opposed to the dealer. The exception to this would be warranty service/recalls & technical service bulletins. Independent shops tend to have better prices and be more focused on customer service/relations as opposed to upsell and profit margins.

Thanks. Do you have any recommendations for how to find a good shop? I'm in the SF Bay Area. Was hoping maybe some other local members in this forum could recommend a couple of shops they've used before.

My experience with dealers doing service is that they don't...... but just charge you and say they did it and apologize if caught in the act.

Ask a Question