Overheating

Reaction score
hello everybody im new here.
I have a 06 Subaru wrx and I have been having overheating issues. I already changed my upper radiator hose and also bleed the cooling system, I drove around for a while and it ended up overheating after about 2 hours and a few pulls. before hand I had also removed my thermostat and boiled it to see if it was opening up as needed and it was. please help if u know of anything else that could be this issue. also no white smoke or any oil and coolant mixture. the last time I test drove it the overflow had boiled the coolant and was coming out of overflow.

Could be getting exhaust through the head gasket; check the coolant over flow container for bubbles. If no head gasket problem, make sure the hot expanded coolant is drawn back into the radiator when system cools. if not, check that the hose from the radiator cap to the over flow container is sealed tight. It is common for the radiator to draw air in instead of drawing coolant from over flow container.

hello everybody im new here.
I have a 06 Subaru wrx and I have been having overheating issues. I already changed my upper radiator hose and also bleed the cooling system, I drove around for a while and it ended up overheating after about 2 hours and a few pulls. before hand I had also removed my thermostat and boiled it to see if it was opening up as needed and it was. please help if u know of anything else that could be this issue. also no white smoke or any oil and coolant mixture. the last time I test drove it the overflow had boiled the coolant and was coming out of overflow.

Smell your overflow container. If it smells like exhaust. That's another sign of head gasket. You could also try another radiator cap. Not likely but it did happen to me. It does sound like a small head gasket leake.

Ask a Question