My 2004 35 edition legacy wagon is overheating

Reaction score
First off, I don’t really know if this website is for like car fixing junkies, if so or not, maybe someone could point me in a direction.

After changing the radiator twice, it clearly wasn’t the problem. The thermostat too.

The coolant tank is full, and before driving, we pour in some coolant into the system to make sure it works.

While driving, the temperature meter stays stable. About five minutes it fluctuates up and back down.

Then higher, and lower. Then about four or five times, the hot air will just go dead cold, I think resembling that the coolant is all out, and if it’s driven past this point, the top pipe on the radiator will burst. The car’s temp meter at that point though is way past the red mark.

So basically, is it a leak?

The noticeable thing was that when the car is stalling, the bottom radiator pipe is stone cold, while the top one gets way too hot.

Thanks y’all, even if you could point me to some other website, it would be nice.

Geez i hope you got that figured out by now.
Did you burp the entire cooling system before you put the cap back on. That system runs backwards from other systems. The thermostat is infront of the water pump on the lower hose. You have to get all the air bulbs out before putting the cap on. They have a bucket with adapters that attach to the top of the radiator

Ask a Question