2010 Tribeca that is overheating

Ron

Reaction score
My 86 year old mother has given up her 2010 Tribeca with 29K for mileage. It has been taken care of quite well, but just hasn't been driven a lot. I've given it to my daughter who has put 7K on it in the last 5 months. The issue we have is as long as the car is moving everything is fine, but if you idle to long it will over heat and flush out its coolant. We've have checked the fans and everything appears to be working, Seems to be a sensor or relay that is not activating the fan to come on. Any suggestions for a solution? Thanks in advance for your help, Ron

Sounds like the relay that controls High and Low fan speeds. Turn the AC on full blast at idle and see if the fans kick to high speed.

Had same problem was a heat sensor. An inexpensive fix.
Hi. I know this is an old post, but I just joined, looking for help with my '07 Tribeca which has a similar issue. Dealer had it for 2 weeks and could not repro the problem until I went back and let it idle in their parking lot with the AC on for 5 minutes. Oh gee look - the temp gage has now climbed to the top! :) They ended up replacing the radiator cap. Didn't fix the problem.
You mentioned a heat sensor. Where would I find that? Thanks!
- Jim P

Ask a Question