Oil burning question

Reaction score
So I have a friend who’s 2005 Impreza burns a lot of oil he asked some a question about it and this is the response he got
the guy he bought it from has been working on subarus his entire life and my dad asked why mine burns so much oil and he asked if it was turbo my dad goes no, he goes does he have an exhaust on it, he’s like yeah and he’s like oh “that’s ur reason exactly, those exhausts pull oil straught out of the engine and after 50k miles ur engine is blown, and if you have headers or a downpipe expect to only get 20k miles from it, they need back pressure. without back pressure the exhaust wrecks the engine. Can anyone deride this

I don't understand the problem. The Impreza is burning oil, and someone thinks it's because of the exhaust? What kind of exhaust? Is it stock? What trim is the Impreza?

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say it's all the non-stock components are adding stress to the engine causing it to burn more oil than it otherwise normally would.

Ask a Question