Interested in Used Baja for Extra Vehicle

Reaction score
I miss cruising around in a manual transmission vehicle with a sunroof. Had been considering an older subaru as a project and then found the Baja. I am not a pickup truck lover. Had a Ranger for short while and it wasn't for me.

Looking to this forum to give me some guidance on whether you think a 2003-2006 Baja might be the right vehicle for me. I like the idea of a fun ride that is somewhat reliable. I do have the tools and don't mind spending time wrenching in the garage, but I also don't want to wind up with something that is not fixable or has a crummy ride. I like the look of the baja and the quirky bed. I know its based on a car chassis, so if it drives like a car with more ground clearance that sounds like a good thing.

So.... being in the northeast, I already know I need to lookout for rust in subframes and rocker areas.

What is the ride like? is this a car you would take if you had a choice and a sort trip to run? Is the sunroof comfortable and quiet?

What kinds of things should I look for on a used Baja?

Appreciate all the help here and look forward to the replies

Ask a Question