Impreza hands free microphone and sync clock issues

Reaction score
I have an out of warranty 2019 Subaru Impreza base model hatchback currently the car is giving me issues in regard to the microphone from hands-free push button on the steering wheel not being detected as well as the automatic clock sync not syncing correctly.

Issues:
built in microphone
clock sync
occasional random EyeSight reboot

Steps done to check the microphone:
went into dealership mode and discovered NG labeled for Mic, as well as Mic sensitivity not being triggered.
I pulled out the head unit and checked all wires were fastened.
I pulled out center headliner microphone module and replaced with spare part from ebay, and it still does not work.
the trigger button on the steering wheel works fine.

The clock will not sync to phone time:
I can set it to manual and adjust it to correct time and manually adjust when daylight savings occurs.
but if i set to automatic, and pair bluetooth as well as synce/download contact book permissions. it still sets the clock roughly 4 hours past current time.

I wonder if there is an update that might fix all these issues, but being a base model, it doesnt have option to connect to wifi.

I also get occasional random eyesight issues, but from reading online that seems to be a problem with many subaru's not just mine... if anyone knows how to fix or update eyesight. Any help would be appreciated.

If you think I should take it to the dealer, how much should I pay for them to update and fix?
Also if you know anyone in the community that can help please share this with them.

An update may help but test the vehicle battery and charging system. Test for any electrical parasites to ensure battery performance.
If the vehicle electrical systems pass, then consider any update offered. Mention your facts to the Technician, a change in time indicates a hardware or electrical issue.

Ask a Question