Headlight bulbs

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm a retired single gal learning to maintain my 2017 Crosstrek myself. I want brighter headlights and don't know where to start shopping for bulbs. What have you found and liked?

Ask to move this post to the Crosstrek section.

This is all about marketing but they have the theory correct.
BTW, any one or anything can write a comment.

This presenter has it correct.

Bright LED lights have a few inherited problems.
One being light scatter in humid / dust conditions (reflected light) and the other is LED flicker.

Another is state or provincial laws.
When encountering vehicles with LED lamps that are not adjusted correctly or over powered / over rated, road safety is compromised / blinding for oncoming traffic.

Yellow LED fog lamps is another good choice that follows the "correct wave length" science.

However, this person is talking about a "light bar" but the theory is still correct about wave length.

LED Flicker:
This is encountered because of the cheap lighting products "sold as a dream" and has an undesirable effect.
Much of that effect is how the Body Control module "recognizes and reacts" to the bulb and how it's monitored.
One of many tasks of the Body Control Module, control and monitor lighting.

What is needed is to find the correct replacement that allows the connections with the LED resistors built in and operated within the restraints of a CAN system with the Body Control Module.

Have a conversation with a competent Service Technician and parts supplier in your area to have those systems easily installed and maintained.

Ask a Question