Has adaptive cruise control improved for stop and go driving since 2019?

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying an Outback or possibly a Forester. I'm deciding whether to buy new or buy one a couple of years old. I will be driving it in stop and go traffic for hours at a time and am interested in how well the adaptive cruise control works. And, does the lane keeping work down to low speeds? Have there been any big improvements in the last 3 years?

Thanks,

-John S

The cruise control works pretty well in traffic. Braking seems a little more abrupt in my 2023 than it was in my 2019.

I don't use the lane centering. I don't like the feel and it tends to hunt from side to side in certain conditions.

Works fantastic. Driver assist brings you to a stop and go by itself so long as you mind the steering wheel a bit and watch for a cut in driver by yourself. If a full stop lasts several seconds, you must bump the gas pedal to restart traffic driving assist. Quite a great system. Downside, its slightly aggressive to go-stop many times to pace behind a car in traffic. If I'm driving, I prefer a somewhat smoother reaction in stop and go traffic. Lane centering is 98 percent perfect with steering assist activated (more or less on strait or gently curving well marked lanes.

Ask a Question