Has anyone had this problem - 2018 Crosstrek

Reaction score
In the past week I have noticed when the weather is HOT (90-95 degrees) and the car has sat outside for a few hours (after running) - the car long cranks for about 10 seconds before finally catching and starting. If I try to start right after this episode, the car starts fine. If the car sits for a few hrs again in the heat - we are back to long cranking. when this started - now The car also is revving higher before shifting and after an hour running in 90 degree weather, the car starts to idle roughly when at standstill as if it is going to stall. Has anyone had these issues? If so, what were the causes. THX. 2018 Crosstrek 50K miles.

Match the image.
Test the fuel pressure - safely. Test while the vehicle exhibits the no start condition.
Find a scan tool or technician with a scan to to capture the recorded network faults - if there are any.

Attachments

• 2018 Crosstrek XV.png
    2018 Crosstrek XV.png
    3 KB · Views: 5
the car will be going into the dealership for service - it was already scheduled. I appreciate the suggestions but i realize all those things. I was just inquiring if anyone has had this experience and what their situation ended up being. thank you.

There are no faults that are visible. we have tried a throttle body cleaning. I never thought it was that but this was a pre diagnostic suggestion by the dealership service folks.

Ask a Question