Fuel Pump

Reaction score
Son has a 2009 Impreza. Towed here.I checked the fuel pump fuse, good. Checked the relay, also good. Voltmeter at the harness under back seat shows over 12 volts on inbound and outbound sides. Then harness splits by fuel pump, goes into controller.
When I check the voltage coming from controller to actual 6 pin harness at fuel pump I only read little over 4 volts. Is controller bad?

And the model is?

Attachments

• 2009 Impreza.png
    2009 Impreza.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 4
Son has a 2009 Impreza. Towed here.I checked the fuel pump fuse, good. Checked the relay, also good. Voltmeter at the harness under back seat shows over 12 volts on inbound and outbound sides. Then harness splits by fuel pump, goes into controller.
When I check the voltage coming from controller to actual 6 pin harness at fuel pump I only read little over 4 volts. Is controller bad?
Wrx I think

Post the VIN then it will be exact.
These will help:
Free SSM 1.2.5 is PC based and working on older Subaru models without CAN, only K-Line.
Works with XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10. The application will access SSM full Engine and Transmission diagnostics.
Link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freessm.berlios/files/latest/download
USB Cables used:
VAG-K + CAN USB (at times called KKL or K plus CAN)
OR (FTDI) FT232BL USB
Examples of operation:

Android Tools used:
JDMscan Application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dksoft.jdmscan&gl=US
USB Cables used:
VAG-K + CAN USB
OR (FTDI) FT232BL USB with OTG cable if Android supported

ActiveOBD Application Android
Bluetooth OBDLink MX +

ActiveOBD Application iOS version
Requires high quality BlueTooth device such as Bluetooth OBDLink MX +

These tools mentioned are NOT OBD II, these applications are true SSM (Subaru Select Monitor)

I use these tools on these older generation vehicles because they are quick and easy.
With the PC or Android, the screen can be recorded for playback / reference. ie: PC > Camtasia and Android > AZ Recorder
It's much safer to record and play back.
Fault codes are of value.

Ask a Question