FNG says Hello!

Reaction score
Hello,

Just trying to get into a community for the old iron Subaru's. I'm a vehicle enthusiast/builder and tend to do builds on import and domestics, whatever has an engine. I have owned and driven subaru's for 15 years or better , grew up with them as a kid. I do have solid knowledge on the 85 though 94 wagons/sedans including write ups on EJ22 SWAPS and various parts and jigs for flywheel modding, ect and fsm's and knowledge on turning wrenches in general . Hopefully I can play a support role for those still keeping the oldies on the road.

Thanks !
20230917_183236.jpg
Resized_20230917_183441.jpeg
Resized_20230326_114645.jpeg

Hello,

Just trying to get into a community for the old iron Subaru's. I'm a vehicle enthusiast/builder and tend to do builds on import and domestics, whatever has an engine. I have owned and driven subaru's for 15 years or better , grew up with them as a kid. I do have solid knowledge on the 85 though 94 wagons/sedans including write ups on EJ22 SWAPS and various parts and jigs for flywheel modding, ect and fsm's and knowledge on turning wrenches in general . Hopefully I can play a support role for those still keeping the oldies on the road.

Thanks !View attachment 2168View attachment 2169View attachment 2170
Hello GL, got a question? Can I use 75/90 fully synthetic gear lube in front and rear diffs. 1996 Legacy L. 107k miles

Hello GL, got a question? Can I use 75/90 fully synthetic gear lube in front and rear diffs. 1996 Legacy L. 107k miles

I personally like to use conventional gear lube , but full synthetic can be used. Depending on use, I would consider synthetic over kill, but whatever your wallet is comfortable with . most gear lubes now a days have "friction modifiers" for LSD type differentials , but be sure to verify that, since the legacy drivetrains came standard with LSD" Limited slip" diffs. I personally use castrol oil, but again , this is more preference. Expensive oil will not make up for oil change frequency.

Ask a Question