Clutch peddle stuck to floor while driving and dealer says a new clutch is needed?

Reaction score
was driving to work and went to change gears when the clutch peddle stuck to the floor started to hear creaking noise just before the incident but no other indications that this would happen before that. dealership is saying that its a slave cylinder and that the entire clutch needs to be replaced, because the failure may have caused the clutch to over extend but has no proof of this, as well which makes no sense. am I crazy here or am I being taken for a ride?

1) The clutch master is a pressure device. A special made service plug can test it for an internal leak.
That should be the first test.
2) The clutch slave is what operates the clutch and needs to be inspected.
It should be inspected for leaks or binding.
3) If the clutch slave is suspect, the transmission should be removed.
Removal will include the inspection of the clutch slave, pressure plate, clutch disc and flywheel.

I'd be surprised if the clutch is gone at that mileage. If the transmission has to come out anyway to do the slave cylinder then a visual inspection should be simple enough.

Ask a Question