Possible Cracked Clutch Fork

Reaction score
I am looking into buying a 2011 Impreza a few hours from me. The owner first posted it with having an issue with stalling while fully depressing the clutch but otherwise driveable.

He drove it around for about an hour Sunday, but right before I got there from the drive on Tuesday, he said he couldn’t get it into gear. When I arrived, it started but made an awful rattling noise when depressing the clutch and even when not on the clutch. I can try to figure out how to post the video.

The clutch pedal also stuck to the floor when pushed, it would not come back without pulling it. The gearbox was also fully functional when the car was off.

I suspect that the clutch fork is broken but I cannot be certain. Any insight on this?

Last edited:
"When I arrived, it started but made an awful rattling noise when depressing the clutch and even when not on the clutch."

Damaged pressure plate, clutch disc and requires flywheel machining with a release bearing.
You're welcome.

Ask a Question