2013 Forester clutch related stalling problem now will not start

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Manual transmission Forester. Last June it started out as a stalling issue when the clutch was pressed all the dash lights would come on. It sometimes would restart following the incident other times taking up to 5 minutes to restart.
Now it cranks but will not start. Other than the stalling issue it runs fine on the highway and city when it is not stalling.
I could pop the clutch to prevent stalling also cold give it extra gas this sometimes would prevent stalling.
I had the Subaru dealership install the update “fix” found in other forums. This did not help.
There are no codes currently, new battery, new Throttle Body Assembly, and Fuel pump!
Thanks!

Plugged air filter, internal vacuum leak, defective MAF, stuck EGR valve, PCV leaking / stuck, vacuum leak at brake booster.
Look for an electrical fault "clutch was pressed all the dash lights would come on".
Monitor engine data with a scan tool. There is always be a "bad" value at the point of the stall.

Ask a Question