City mileage on Crosstrek Ltd.

Reaction score
I bought a 21 Crosstrek Limited the end of April with 28,000 miles, which were mostly from long highway trips. Average milage showed 30.1. And I got good milage in May/June with a mix of city/highway driving. Lately, driving mostly city and in hot weather using the AC, I am getting around 14 mpg!!! The dealer took a look. Said the AUTO Start-Stop was turned off. So they turned it back on. That makes sense, but I am not seeing improvement. I am not ready to accept that 14 mpg is OK, even when the AC is on. Any ideas?

Are you calculating that or going off the Lie-O-Meter in the car? 14 seems like a pretty low number. I'm getting 33+ when under 65, and a little less when stepping out, but in stop and go traffic? I can't say, we don't get a lot of that. The on board mileage drops like a rock when idling though, so driving conditions make a difference.
I don't know if you are doing this, but if running high octane gas, stop that. It is just wasting money and without a turbo there is no need for it in a Subaru engine. It usually won't make for a dramatic drop in mileage, but wasting money is wasting money.
Good Luck,

Ask a Question