Velocity Tumbler Valve?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2019 Forester Premium and live just outside of Boston. Long story short, June 29th with 34,895 miles my car died. The check engine and every light on the dash lit up. It was towed to the local dealer where the mechanics could only determine that it was a bank 2 error. They contacted the engineers at Subaru who told them to replace the velocity tumbler valve. They then test drove it and the same error codes were thrown. The Subaru engineers told them to replace an electronic thermostat that helps regulate airflow into the cylinders. That fixed it. The question is do I get rid of it or will it be good for years to come? I'm just looking for shared thoughts and experiences. In the end I need to make the decision on my own.

Thanks,
Bill

Hi,

I have a 2019 Forester Premium and live just outside of Boston. Long story short, June 29th with 34,895 miles my car died. The check engine and every light on the dash lit up. It was towed to the local dealer where the mechanics could only determine that it was a bank 2 error. They contacted the engineers at Subaru who told them to replace the velocity tumbler valve. They then test drove it and the same error codes were thrown. The Subaru engineers told them to replace an electronic thermostat that helps regulate airflow into the cylinders. That fixed it. The question is do I get rid of it or will it be good for years to come? I'm just looking for shared thoughts and experiences. In the end I need to make the decision on my own.

Thanks,
Bill
cars these days more n more electronics
hard to say how long electronics will last

But Subaru been good at those

Ask a Question