CarPlay and other USB device

Reaction score
Hello,
When using CarPlay to use GoogleMap in my 2022 Forester, I cannot play the music form a USB device. Look like Apple CarPlay lock the other USB port. One of my friend have an Android phone... I tried it with my Forester and with his Android the other USB port are still working. Any workaround on this when using an iPhone?

I'm going to follow this thread. We just picked up our Forester yesterday. Today we tried connecting an iPod nano (6th Generation) to the USB port. The port powers the iPod, but no USB device is acknowledged on the media screen. The manual states that data devices can be plugged in, i.e. the ports are not just for charging/power.

I'm going to follow this thread. We just picked up our Forester yesterday. Today we tried connecting an iPod nano (6th Generation) to the USB port. The port powers the iPod, but no USB device is acknowledged on the media screen. The manual states that data devices can be plugged in, i.e. the ports are not just for charging/power.

Make sure your phone / ipod is unlocked when you plug it in.

Ask a Question