Car wont start after changing air filter

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i. I have been having issues with it bogging down and stalling. I changed air filter; the old one wasn’t terrible. When I hooked everything back up, my car wouldn’t start. Now when I turn the key on the temp dummy lights alternately blink between blue and red. It turns over but it will not start.

You need a quality scanner and pull the codes. You had a problem before this happened and the current problem may not be related at all to the work done. At the least you can unplug the Mass Air Flow sensor and see if it starts, it goes to a default profile when unplugged.

You need a quality scanner and pull the codes. You had a problem before this happened and the current problem may not be related at all to the work done. At the least you can unplug the Mass Air Flow sensor and see if it starts, it goes to a default profile when unplugged.
Car still would not start even with MAF sensor unplugged. A friend let me use their scanner. It is the throttle position sensor

Car still would not start even with MAF sensor unplugged. A friend let me use their scanner. It is the throttle position sensor
Hopefully that's the fix then. Sometimes there is no substitute for a code reader, and even then they are just giving you the proper place to start the diagnosis.

Ask a Question