Car wont start after transmission rebuilt

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My step son has a 2012 legacy with the cvt transmission. He drove it out to school in Iowa this past August and the transmission went out on his way there. He got it rebuilt by a shop. After that the car began having starting problems. He brought it to the Subaru dealer in Des Moines Iowa and we’ve now blown three thousand dollars and have the same issue. They replaced the starter. Sent it home and it wouldn’t start again. Sent it back to them and they said the connector on the starter wasn’t connected good enough. They sent it home and it wouldn’t start again. Then they most recently replaced the wiring harness that controls that portion of the car. Sent it home. started twice and now won’t start again. The dealer is at a loss and I’m done paying them their rates for no solution. That said it all started after the Transmission was rebuilt and I can’t stop thinking it’s somehow connected to that. Has anyone ever heard of this issue before? Any help is appreciated before we just donate the car and walk away completely.

Ask a Question