AC not working on setting 2 only?!?!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon and just noticed that setting 2 on the fan rotating switch is not working. The AC is ice cold on all other levels and the fan blows on all other levels, yet when I try to switch it to level 2 there is no fan function and no AC. It’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen as it was recently charged, AC/fan works perfect on all other levels but I get NOTHING when it’s on setting 2. I’ve tried to switch back and forth from recirculating/new air and still nothing on setting 2. Has anyone else ran into this or can maybe help me troubleshoot this problem? I’d hate to take it to the shop period let alone for something as silly as this. I appreciate all the help everyone!

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• 74FA79CF-1389-43BD-80E0-E081B771172C.jpeg
    74FA79CF-1389-43BD-80E0-E081B771172C.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 164
not sure on your car but most cars have a resonator bolted to the airbox inside your car that regulates these different fan speeds. Most of the time when they go bad either high speed does work or all the other speeds don't work. sounds like the resistor needs to be replaced. depending on how hard it is to locate it could be and easy job or a tough one. Start by removing the glovebox. Sometimes it could be right there. The part is not expensive.

not sure on your car but most cars have a resonator bolted to the airbox inside your car that regulates these different fan speeds. Most of the time when they go bad either high speed does work or all the other speeds don't work. sounds like the resistor needs to be replaced. depending on how hard it is to locate it could be and easy job or a tough one. Start by removing the glovebox. Sometimes it could be right there. The part is not expensive.
I’ve seen threads about that, is there any way to test and see if it has gone bad? Do you perhaps have a tutorial on how to access it and or remove the glovebox? I appreciate your help a lot!

I do no have any tutorial on how to do this but removing your glovebox should be very simple thing to do. Usually it just snaps out or it may be a couple screws. If you are not sure go to orileys or auto zone and ask one of the counter sales people to check your in cabin filter, They will need to remove your glovebox door to do this. Good Luck

Ask a Question