2024 Crosstrek how to snap rear-view mirror back in place?

Reaction score
I just grabbed my rear view mirror to adjust it and it's now hanging by the electronics/wiring. I really didn't pull "that" hard!! The three-way triangular spring looks next to impossible to snap back in place around the hex nut. Anyone have tips on how to get the mirror back in place? This assembly is pretty tight, I dont see how you would snap it back in place, you can't see while it's aligned, and the spring and hex nut have a very tight fit, just trying to snap it back in place has me stumped.

Appreciate any tips/suggestions!

If you have a '24 bring it back to the dealership and have them do it. That way if it acts up again you have it on record that it was broken.

I just grabbed my rear view mirror to adjust it and it's now hanging by the electronics/wiring. I really didn't pull "that" hard!! The three-way triangular spring looks next to impossible to snap back in place around the hex nut. Anyone have tips on how to get the mirror back in place? This assembly is pretty tight, I dont see how you would snap it back in place, you can't see while it's aligned, and the spring and hex nut have a very tight fit, just trying to snap it back in place has me stumped.

Appreciate any tips/suggestions!
I just did the same thing on new 2024 Ascent!! Does NOT snap back in place! Calling dealer in the morning for resolution. I’ll followup with the solution.

Ask a Question