2024 crosstrek front wheel cladding air outlet causing dirt splashing

Reaction score
Hello, just got the new 2024 Crosstrek. I have quickly noticed that the new holes on the front wheel cladding are angled in a way that allows the tires to splash directly onto the side body. It is astonishing to me that such defect would not have been noticed by Subaru. I remember commenting at the dealer how I was surprised how the demo seemed to be so dirty as it is unusual to see dirty demos, now I understand why. I don't usually notice things like that but it was that dirty. So is my car now. I don't see how I can block these holes and can't foresee the next few years with a dirty car. Anyone else with the same experience?

I have an Impreza 2024 RS, my friend a new Crosstrek. The holes mentioned being holes in the cladding itself or where they mount? My Impreza seems to get very dirty on the sides, but not sure about his Crosstrek as only saw it once.

i
I have an Impreza 2024 RS, my friend a new Crosstrek. The holes mentioned being holes in the cladding itself or where they mount? My Impreza seems to get very dirty on the sides, but not sure about his Crosstrek as only saw it once.
in the cladding itself. Subaru refers to them as air outlets in the front wheel cladding.

Attachments

• 2024-Crosstrek-ext-rugged-cladding.jpeg
    2024-Crosstrek-ext-rugged-cladding.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 16
Hello, just got the new 2024 Crosstrek. I have quickly noticed that the new holes on the front wheel cladding are angled in a way that allows the tires to splash directly onto the side body. It is astonishing to me that such defect would not have been noticed by Subaru. I remember commenting at the dealer how I was surprised how the demo seemed to be so dirty as it is unusual to see dirty demos, now I understand why. I don't usually notice things like that but it was that dirty. So is my car now. I don't see how I can block these holes and can't foresee the next few years with a dirty car. Anyone else with the same experience?
Yes! I was noticing how dirty my subaru was getting and couldn't figure out why, but it must be the wheel cladding! I've never seen so much dirt on the rear door as well. I'm wondering if mud flaps might help?

YES, this is a big cause for concern in snow country with sand and road salt. Trying to figure out this can be resolved . Service manager showed no concern. Subaru should resove this.

YES, this is a big cause for concern in snow country with sand and road salt. Trying to figure out this can be resolved . Service manager showed no concern. Subaru should resove this.

Ask a Question