2021 Legacy oil leak

Reaction score
Not sure if a recent plunge in temperatures started this problem or if it’s something else, but….
Oil leaking somewhere around oil filter. Oil changed approx 3500 miles ago and most of those were all on one trip. I smelled the smoke from a drip on exhaust otherwise might have gone unnoticed for some time.
Filter is snug. Thoughts?

I have 2 Subarus. Both 2013's. 1 Legacy, 1 Crosstrek. Both LEAKERS. The Crosstrek is worse or they are just taking advantage of my SE Asian wife. Both transmissions leaked and bolts were RIDICULOUSLY loose. Almost like they were loosened by service department. We had both serviced at the Subaru dealer. My wife's Crosstrek had leaking valve covers. Her brother changed the gaskets and used sealant also but I cleaned up the old gaskets and they look perfect all the way around. The bolts were probably loose on those as well but I haven't talked to him about it. Also there's another part right behind the driver side timing belt cover that was leaking and the timing belt cover itself. They told her the crank seal needed to be replaced. That was the only area I did not see or oil leaking but we did it anyway. Now there still oil leaking on top of the motor so possibly a head gasket. Who knows but when we go to replace the car I can promise you we will not be going through this b******* again.

I have 2 Subarus. Both 2013's. 1 Legacy, 1 Crosstrek. Both LEAKERS. The Crosstrek is worse or they are just taking advantage of my SE Asian wife. Both transmissions leaked and bolts were RIDICULOUSLY loose. Almost like they were loosened by service department. We had both serviced at the Subaru dealer. My wife's Crosstrek had leaking valve covers. Her brother changed the gaskets and used sealant also but I cleaned up the old gaskets and they look perfect all the way around. The bolts were probably loose on those as well but I haven't talked to him about it. Also there's another part right behind the driver side timing belt cover that was leaking and the timing belt cover itself. They told her the crank seal needed to be replaced. That was the only area I did not see or oil leaking but we did it anyway. Now there still oil leaking on top of the motor so possibly a head gasket. Who knows but when we go to replace the car I can promise you we will not be going through this b******* again.
To be clear, we bought and had them serviced from the same dealer, Subaru of Las Vegas

Bring it back to them and tell them it starting leaking after service was done. Contact SOA if needed. Its possible they 1. didnt tighten the filter enough or, 2. They tightened it too much.

Ask a Question