2020 Legacy XT Availability

I called (800) 782-2783. Provided my VON and dealer ID/name. They were able to provide me with a VIN number and ETA. While you're there, if you already own a Subaru, it wouldn't hurt to ask for the $500 Owner Loyalty coupon. You may need the VIN of the current one you own.
I did call the number and gave them the VON. I was told that it still shows end of May. I was also told the factories in Japan are up and running but all US factories are down with no announced plan for resuming production so no way to predict when any orders would be completed. As the Covid situation worsens, new cars for this year may just be written off.

My wife recently got the Onyx XT Outback and loves it as do I. I’ve decided to replace my 14 year old Legacy with a 2020 Legacy XT Limited. I will most likely go to the dealer and salesperson who sold us the Outback. However there are no XT Legacys at that dealer or any dealer in my region, Baltimore area. So I won’t be able to drive one any time soon which really isn’t necessary since I believe it would be similar to my wife’s Outback and probably better being a smaller, lighter vehicle. I’m curious if anyone here has purchased a 2020 XT or has looked for them. There seems to be a delayed delivery of these at least in my area.

I ordered one in January haven’t got it yet. See my other post. My dealer said there way one I could get but not the color I like. Hard to find hope it’s worth the wait.

What was part of your build spec? I ordered a Touring XT at the beginning of March and got it at the end of the same month out here in CA. The only option I got was all weather mats.

What was part of your build spec? I ordered a Touring XT at the beginning of March and got it at the end of the same month out here in CA. The only option I got was all weather mats.

Just the limited xt. In silver withe black interior. They gave me an end of July date it has a VIN so it my be close. Several calls to customer service never helped.

I’m seeing videos of first looks on the 2021 models. So my guess is the 2020 production run is close to an end. I haven’t received any update of my Legacy Limited XT order that was placed in January, other than it was still scheduled for production. At this rate I don’t know whether it will wind up being a 2020 or a 2021 version although I don’t think there would be much, if any, difference.

I’m seeing videos of first looks on the 2021 models. So my guess is the 2020 production run is close to an end. I haven’t received any update of my Legacy Limited XT order that was placed in January, other than it was still scheduled for production. At this rate I don’t know whether it will wind up being a 2020 or a 2021 version although I don’t think there would be much, if any, difference.

On an Outback forum someone posted that his February order is now at the production stage. He got an email update with VIN giving a first week of July delivery date. I called and their system shows mine with an “arrival” date in July. I guess that means the date production would begin. They have all my correct info so I guess I wait. The guy did say 2021 production of certain models wouldn’t begin until late August.

I now have a VIN and the status was changed to released some time last week. So I’m hopeful that it is on the way to my dealer and may be available next week.

Ask a Question