2020 Subaru Legacy Sputtered and Died

Reaction score
Hi, Folks.

I was driving my car today at about 30 MPH and it just started sputtering and jerking. The engine was non-responsive to attempts at acceleration. Was behaving perfectly fine before this. It finally slowed down and died altogether. It would not turnover again. Had to tow it to the dealer. The damn car is 8 months old with 15K miles on it. I take good care of the car. Change oil regularly. What the heck is going on?

It doesn't turn over at all? Is the battery/wiring good? Any lights in the dashboard showing when the key is in the ignition?

When it died, did all the warning lights on the dash come on? Did the electronic parking brake engage? If so, it may be a problem with the CVT. This happened to us twice in the first 7000 miles we owned the car. They ended up having to replace the transmission. All has been well since the new tranny was installed. (There is a thread on my issue elsewhere in these forums.)

Ask a Question