2019 Outback Ignition Key Jammed

Reaction score
I have 2600mi on my 2019 Outback and this is the 1st time that this has occurred. I attempted to turn the Key to start the engine and the Key would not turn. My 1st thought was that this was part of the security system that had malfunctioned. In Panic mode, I called the Dealer, and was told to Rotate the steering wheel to relieve pressure on the Locking mechanism and it freed up the key. Live and learn.

I have 2600mi on my 2019 Outback and this is the 1st time that this has occurred. I attempted to turn the Key to start the engine and the Key would not turn. My 1st thought was that this was part of the security system that had malfunctioned. In Panic mode, I called the Dealer, and was told to Rotate the steering wheel to relieve pressure on the Locking mechanism and it freed up the key. Live and learn.
Very interesting, thanks for the post! Never fail to learn something new everyday...

Ask a Question