2019 legacy low power

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new here.

I bought a legacy 2019 back in January, 19k miles currently. And am noticing power issues. Bought with 10k and seems like it was smoother then. Problem is when accelerating it seems sluggish. Around 3k rpms and above it comes alive. Just sluggish to then, night and day difference. Changed air filter and it seemed to help a little.

Was thinking of having the trans serviced as it's a 19 with low miles. And I will add the fuel pump recall has been done. I work on semi trucks and own a jetta diesel so point me in the right direction. Thanks I advance!

And the model is?
No different than the unknown model year of the Jetta.
Is it the TDi or Pumpe Duse? The best diagnostic tool for either model is Ross-Tech VCDS.
A Subaru style scan tool (Subaru Select Monitor) is required to measure relative Engine and Transmission faults / output.
ie: Launch, Autel, Snap-On having access to multiple networks, no different than the modern 9-pin Deutsch Connector on semi vehicles.

Attachments

• 2019 Legacy.png
    2019 Legacy.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Sorry. The legacy is the 2.5 premium.

The jetta is a TDI with no problems.

The subaru has no faults. I have access to those aftermarket scan tools. Was just trying to figure out why the subi is a slug. It runs fine otherwise, gets great mileage. Just usually when I get on it, it's slow. But SOMETIMES it comes alive, and seemed more alive when i bought it. Would the trans needing a service cause this issue? It being 4 years old with factory fluid..

Transmission service is a good idea for those models, not mentioning the service will repair that particular concern
Test fuel pressure, measure MAF (Volumetric Efficiency) and for non restricted exhaust parts.
Test throttle pedal and throttle body electronics (potentiometer at both parts)
Inspect the complete air airbox and use OEM or equivalent airfilters.
Clean the throttle body.

Ask a Question