2019 Subaru Legacy Transmission Failure

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted someone's take on this. I took my vehicle in to get a recall fixed and complain about about a strange rattle. I then came to find out , the rattle was being caused by the Transmission.This now converts my vehicle into a Lemon at 25,500 K. In order to make this right Subaru would like to replace the Transmission, but this is not enough for me to feel confident that another powertrain issue will not occur; therefore, the vehicle should be replaced with another vehicle to avoid mechanical issues. In further Subaru does not want replace the car. Has anyone ever encountered mechanical issues after the transmission has been replaced ?

Well, hopefully not! I say that because our transmission in our brand new 2020 Legacy failed twice within the first 7000 miles, so they installed a new one. We now have about 1500 miles on the new one with no issues. Hopefully it will continue to perform properly. Keeping fingers crossed!!

I would be content with them replacing the trans...
it's what warranties are for. but that's me...

I would be content with them replacing the trans...
it's what warranties are for. but that's me...

I don't disagree. I'm more than happy that they replaced the transmission under warranty. I just hope this one continues to work and doesn't do the same thing as the other one did! :)

Ask a Question