2018 Outback CVT Issues

Reaction score
First Post but not new to Subaru’s. Worked as a general tech/service manager for several years but no longer in the industry. Finally bought myself a new car, upgraded from a ‘12 outback to an ‘18 outback. Bought my 12 with a bad valve body but drove it until the frame rusted. ‘18 outback has 107k mikes on it and I’ve had it for about 9 weeks. I work in the mountains so drive 200+ miles up and down the mountains each week. When I got the car I loved it, the first thing I said was how much more responsive and peppy it was than my old outback. All of a sudden I’m having lagging/unresponsive issues, ie hit the gas and get literally nowhere. I physically could not get enough acceleration to pass a concrete truck coming home today and a pretty flat stretch of road. Having issues pulling even the slightest of grades. Leaning towards CVT issues but am open to other suggestions. Note: the car has several other electrical issues (heated seat and power windows)

Ask a Question