2018 Outback jumped electrical issues.

Reaction score
I had to jump my 2018 outback (not sure why, no lights were left on or anything), with an external battery and when the engine started running the RPM showed 0, all of the warning lights were flashing, and I couldn't shift the car. Car stereo seemed to work fine but after turning off the car and leaving it the center screen stayed on as if the car wasn't shut down. attached image is of the car when the engine is running. Can't really take it into any dealership or shop because I can't even shift the car out of park. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• outback.jpg
    outback.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 11
Boosting the battery should never be boosted backwards. Ensure that!
Leave the battery on charge overnight at the LOW setting (2 to 5 Amps) if possible.
Do not charge the battery if it is in a frozen state.
There is a PRND release indicated within your Owners Manual if the vehicle needs to be moved onto a tow bed.
A dealer level scan tool will indicate faults within the network and offer a guide as to the origin of the faults.
Clearing the network faults and a restarting the system will narrow the faults down to one or more controllers / components.
A smart Technician will measure the parasitic draw. Any non OEM installed components are also suspect.

Ask a Question