2017 Forester Premium accelerator pedal has always been very sensitive

Reaction score
We bought a used 2017 Forester from a Suburu dealership. This car has always had a surge with the accelerator pedal immediately upon pressing the pedal. I know it's electronic and there is not adjustment, but it's just like the old throttle cable is too tight. There is NO free play! I'm thinking that I have a defective pedal since I can't find anyone else with this issue.

Test the pedal by hand, there should be very little resistance.
Drive X Wire should feel similar to the old cable style. One item to test is if the ECM has performance software and dealer tools may indicate if that is an issue. Another test is to measure the throttle pedal sweep.
Two voltage signals are sent to the ECM and both must follow each other. They would appear to be in parallel but the signals need to be clean while gently pressing the throttle. An oscilloscope is used for that test.
A scan tool can also measure the voltage except numerically on both signals
The image indicates movement from 0 to 100 % and back or closed throttle to wide open and closed again.
Two signal means "redundancy".

Attachments

• throttle-waveform-signal.png
    throttle-waveform-signal.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 7

Ask a Question