2017 Forester Wheel Bearings

Reaction score
Anyone else having repeated problems with wheel bearings needing to be replaced? 3-yr-old Forester with 95,000 miles and this is the second time in 13 months that I am being told there’s a problem. The dealership replaced the “left rear hub assembly” March 2019 and now I am being told by another mechanic that it’s clicking and will become a problem.

The mechanic also says that the right rear is a problem (worse than the left), and I have a history of repairs to the right front. Couldn’t find any recalls on this. The dealership did the previous repair at no charge “because I had kept up with my maintenance, ” but I’m wondering if this is a known problem. The current proposed repair is over $700. Can’t afford to keep pouring money into the same problem repeatedly.

I had to replace the right rear; currently at 60K miles; first time to need to replace; dealer replaced but I didnt see any performance issues; they "found it" and replaced under warranty; No sure if its an issue with all foresters. i have a 2017 XT

I own Subaru Forester 2017 for the past 6 years and has about 75,000 miles. Rear wheels seem to have wheel bearing problems and makes lot of noise. Anyone else has that problem?

We just had to have our bearings replaced, along with the right control arm. I really don't know much about cars so I'm not really sure what I'm even saying. Except that the repairs happened. We have a 2017 Forester with 110,000 miles. Hopefully this will be the only time we need to do this. The dealership said it was due to age, that we have an older car with correspondingly high mileage. I don't consider a 6-7 year old Subaru with just over 100,000 miles an old vehicle.

We just had to have our bearings replaced, along with the right control arm. I really don't know much about cars so I'm not really sure what I'm even saying. Except that the repairs happened. We have a 2017 Forester with 110,000 miles. Hopefully this will be the only time we need to do this. The dealership said it was due to age, that we have an older car with correspondingly high mileage. I don't consider a 6-7 year old Subaru with just over 100,000 miles an old vehicle.
hi! how much did it cost you to get your bearing replaced? did you do it at Subaru itself?

Ask a Question