2016 Forester self acceleration issue

Reaction score
First of all,want to say ,we LOVE our Forester.
Unfortunately a few days ago ,my partner was pulling into a parking spot when the engine accelerated on it's own .
The car jumped the curb and crashed into some bushes, breaking control arm and denting a fender.

Fortunately the parking lot was empty and nobody was hurt.
I've read people commenting about hitting gas by mistake but that was not the case.
Has anyone had a similar experience and how was problem resolved?

I had the same unexpected acceleration issue happen to me 2 weeks ago with my 2016 Subaru Outback.

As I was slowing down & pulling into a parking space, my car unexpectedly accelerated forward. This happened while my foot was still on the brake. The car went up over the sidewalk & then lurched forward a second time. I couldn't stop the car. The car only stopped after it hit the wall of a business. As in your case, I did not accidentally hit the accelerator.

I purchased a Subaru because of their safety reputation. I'm also wondering if others have had the same issue & if so, were you able to fix it. I'm scared to drive it again.

I had the same unexpected acceleration issue happen to me 2 weeks ago with my 2016 Subaru Outback.

As I was slowing down & pulling into a parking space, my car unexpectedly accelerated forward. This happened while my foot was still on the brake. The car went up over the sidewalk & then lurched forward a second time. I couldn't stop the car. The car only stopped after it hit the wall of a business. As in your case, I did not accidentally hit the accelerator.

I purchased a Subaru because of their safety reputation. I'm also wondering if others have had the same issue & if so, were you able to fix it. I'm scared to drive it again.
To Subaru’s credit the dealer lent us a car for over I month while an investigation took place.
it was determined to be driver error.

Ask a Question